Monday, March 23, 2009

Tortilla Strips


Title: Tortilla Strips
Categories: Appetizers
Yield: 12 Servings

1/2 ts Ground cumin
1/4 ts Ground red pepper
1/2 ts Salt
3 tb Melted margarine
8 ea 6″ tortilla

In a small mixing bowl combine cumin, red pepper, and
salt. Brush the melted margarine over one side of
each tortilla and sprinkle with the mixture. Brush
each tortilla lightly to distribute evenly. Make 2
stacks of the tortillas. Cut each stack into 1/2″
wide strips. Place tortilla strips in a single layer
on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for
8 to 10 minutes or until strips are crisped and
lightly browned. Serve with the following Chili-Cheese
dip.

*These were so easy to make. Although I did have to remake them because 10 minutes was WAY too long. I also kind of forgot about them until we smelled the burning around 8 minutes. Luckily I had enough tortillas since I only made 2 to start over. This time I turned them at 3 minutes which I should have just removed them. They were still really dark, but better than the first. As soon as they start to brown (4 minutes) take them out for perfect, crispy strips.

An excellent alternative to salty, calorie fest, store bought chips. Plus, I was able to control myself on portion since I usually eat more chips than soup.

found here

No comments:

Post a Comment