
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese (I use the low fat one)
3/4 cup Central Market basil pesto (it is near the olive bar)
4 tbsp butter (softened)
sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
roasted red pepper cut into thin slices (you can make your own, but I use the ones in the jar)
toasted pine nuts (about 1/4 cup)
1/2 lb provolone cheese, sliced thin
Mix the cream cheese, butter, and pesto together
Line a 3 cup bowl with saran wrap letting some hang over the edges
Line the bowl with a few slices of provolone
Spread about 1/3 of the basil cream cheese mixture on top of the provolone
Arrange a few red pepper slices and sun-dried tomatoes on top of the cheese mixture
Sprinkle some pine nuts on top of pepper and tomatoes
Line additional provolone on top
Repeat this until you are out of ingredients (I usually have three layers of cream cheese/pepper/tomatoes). Push down on each layer before putting more cream cheese mixture to pack it well.
End with a layer of provolone
No comments:
Post a Comment